Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Day at Work....NOT!

When we arrived here this summer, one of the things I did was to sign up to substutite teach at the schools on base. It was LONG process...at times I just wanted to yell: I want to sub not take a kid home with me!! I lost count of how many times I filled out a form with my name, address (and all address I have ever lived at), SSN, mother's maiden name....and on and on.

Last week I got the call asking if I was available today to sub for an aide - YEAH! The good part of this was I didn't have to go in till 9 - what a way to ease into this working thing.

But it was not to be...Melissa wake up sick...I - the ever optimist - sent her on to school anyway...she wan't running a fever and she ate a decent breakfast. (If my kids eat - they are not sick.). I told her to go the nurse if she didn't feel better...so she did...so I called in sick....a sub for the sub...

The good news in all of this is that she is now old enough to make it to the bathroom before she gets sick. Now that's a milestone that should be celebrated!! I know my carpet is.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy