Sunday, October 28, 2007

Let Me Introduce You...


This is a banana spider or so we've been told. We've also been told they don't bite. I so hope that is true.They are just about everywhere. This one was on the tree that we were sitting under at Rititan Beach. (This beach is lined with the jungle.)
We did have one near our back door. He (or she for that matter...I never got close enough to notice which...not even sure you can even tell....) and I had an agreement. He would stay up high and eat all the bugs that he could catch. I would leave him alone...unless he ventured down towards me or my kids. Then he would die. By gassing...I didn't want to have to get too close to actually have to hit the thing.
But neither the spider nor I told Drew of our arrangement. As we were getting ready for our Labor Day office party, Drew killed him. Drew didn't want to freak out the young kids that would be at the party nor the new spouses....they would be freaked out soon enough when they would see these things at their house...they didn't need to see them at ours.
So, far all banana spiders have stayed out of our house. Which is a very good thing..then I would be the totally freak out one. And yes, I would behave just as I did with the boonie-bees.
Call the husband to come and take care it.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy