Sunday, December 30, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Tonight we landed back on our island. It is so good to be home. My brain is just swirling with thoughts of Saipan...

...another beautiful island made my our Lord.

...the "Grotto" is on my "most beautiful places" list - the Lord out-did Himself here! I'm hoping to post pictures soon.

...middle age Japanese and Russian men really shouldn't wear underwear-like bathing suits...there's just no words to describe this fashion blunder.

...small Japanese and Russian boys really shouldn't wear Daisy Duke bathing suits...also a fashion blunder.

...married middle age Russian men really shouldn't hit on biniki-wearing-young Japanese girls...some things are really unbecoming!

...my daughter being totally un-afraid and climbing to the top of the rock wall not once, not twice, but three times. She's the bravest of them all! William not to be out done by his little sister was not far behind.

...the Pacific Island Resorts had the hardest beds...I'm going to love getting into mine in about 20 minutes!

..why in the world would a Japanese man get in the water wearing not only a bathing suit but also a button-down dress shirt...very, very odd.

...seeing dads of all nationalities playing in the water and having fun with their children - the world would be a better place if this could happen more often.

...walking on the beach holding hands with the love of my live - all four of them.

...celebrating my 17th wedding anniversary on Saturday - and still can say I'm happily wed. If you had told me 17 years ago that I would be in Saipan vacationing or even living on Guam, I probably would have just fainted at the idea of being so far from home. But God is good. I do love my live...even if I need to get away from the military-life-style every so often!

...I love Guam more than I thought! Its so good to be home. I really did need a break from here. Our life here is so based in the military more than it has been at any other base. I just was done with it. (Every work day at 5pm all things stop for us to salute the flag as the National Anthem plays.) But where Guam has followed after the American way of life, Saipan has followed the Japanese. Both are USA soil, but tonight it feel like I'm really back on solid ground.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy