Saturday, August 23, 2008

Apparently,I'm Straving My Child

Overall, I think the kids enjoyed the last week of summer...even though they probably wish for another one.

William is enjoying his soccer practice- hard and tiring though it is. And the big news is that Melissa got my first choice in teachers!! YEAH!! I can not tell you what stress this takes away. We just had such a hard year in third grade - we just could not go through anther year with a (mean) teacher we (really, really) didn't like. Ben got a teacher new to the school - which I think is better than the few I knew I would have problems with.

Then there's the other issue we dealt with this week. Ben and his weight. Or rather - he's lack of.

Earlier in the week I asked what I thought was a simple question of where he is on the growth chart and got a doctor to really dive into his records. He came out not so happy.

Long story short we're now on a plan to see if Ben can gain weight. If he can - great! If not...well, I really don't want to think of the words associate with that.

Our goals this week: 1)to enjoy the kids back in school 2) get Ben to eat more all without the other two (or Drew and I!) eating more.

Milkshake and fries anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelley!We are having the same weight issues with Abby, although I think Ben is a little older. Email me and we can trade tips!
schurch@shc.edu
Sam

Anonymous said...

Kelley,

I have a friend whose daughter has a hard time gaining weight, too. She has a milkshake everyday. I'll email my friend and see what they do.

Melinda

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy