Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just Another Shower

Monday we actually saw the sun for a few hours! YEAH! I thought I would be nice to Drew and cut the grass for him, so he won't have to cut it after work. I really didn't to cut the grass - after all it wasn't that bad, but it was Monday after all.

Why? is that important?

Because on Tuesdays housing comes and inspects all the yards on base. If your doesn't look nice and neat you get demerit points. Get enough demerit points and you get kick off base with no housing allowance.

Not exactly how we want to live. This is one of the bad things about living on base, but there's not a lot you can do...well...other than cut and trim your grass weekly.

So, there I am - cutting away. I'm about three-fourths done when I feel the first sprinkle.

Maybe it'll go away.

And go away it did. Right after it pours down rain for over ten minutes getting me and my lawn mower soaked to the core.

But most of the yard was done...and the best thing? No demerit points come Tuesday afternoon!

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy