Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Great American Dress-up Day

While most of you in the States are at this very moment dealing with costumes and candy, we are enjoying a Saturday morning with Halloween a memory (and now are on to wishing Ben a happy 8th birthday!) We have never let our kids going treat-or-tricking (mainly because I don't see the point of scaring the living daylights out of my children for candy they can't eat! Yes, food allergies are still an issue here.) But we do love to dress up! We have been lucky to find a church every year that host a festival. Our chapel here does one and it's a lot of fun.

For our costumes this year, Drew and I went as mom and dad. Yeah...not very creative, but we did dress up for a costume party last week - I'll post pictures of that maybe tomorrow.

Melissa went as "smartie-pants". Yes, good choice on her part - very appropriate.


Then there are the boys.


Ben decided just to wear the jaguar costume that I made several years ago - even though he wore it last year.


William was very un-decided for the last few weeks. So much so, I wasn't sure that he was dress up at all! He's 11 1/2 , now you know. But then he saw his little brother running around the house as a jaguar. William just happen to have his Nerf dart gun out...and so that's how we got a "big-game hunter" for Halloween....a "big-game hunter" that specializes in jaguars.
I can now say something that I NEVER thought I would say:
I allowed my son to take a gun to church.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy