Friday, January 9, 2009

School Projects

Last night Melissa came to me to tell me about a new project she would be doing in class. It went something like this....

Melissa: We are to read four books on my reading level by the same author and do a book report on each one.

Me: Okay - that sounds good.

Melissa: Then we get to do a report on the author - all about their life.

Me: That sounds good too. Have you picked your books?

Melissa: YEAH! I want to do it on these English Roses books and their author.

Me: Uh...aren't those written by Madonna???

Melissa: Yes

Me: Uh....well....I'm going to need to be with you when you do your research on her.

Melissa: Why?

Me: Uh...well...uh....she's just not an author.

And when Drew heard: Pick another set of books!

There are just some things a ten year old doesn't need to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I love it when you're a mean mommy. I would be one too.

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy