Sunday, September 20, 2009

In a Bad Way

The other day Melissa and I were in the car working on our errands as we past one of the dorms on base where the outside lights were flashing and a few fire-trucks were there. We started to talk about a hotel we stayed in once where the fire-alarms would go off in the middle of the night. I was actually surprised that she remembered it because it was summer of 2005 when Drew was preparing to deploy.

She asked why the alarms had gone off, and I said it was just teenagers pulling the alarms and not a real emergency. She asked why and I said I think they were drunk and for some reason thought it would be a funny thing to do. Then I said one of mine and Drew's mantra to the kids:

Alcohol makes you stupid.

(Yes, I know this is brainwashing and I'm perfectly fine with that.)

Then she said, "Yeah, stupid in a bad way!"

Me: "Is there a good way to be stupid?"

Melissa was quiet for a moment, the said,"No, I guess not."

Good....glad we got that cleared up.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy