Monday, October 5, 2009

The Best of the Best

For the second time in my life I have stood in my yard and watched the Thunderbirds practice.

So incredible cool.

Amazing.

The first time was when we lived on Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA when William and Melissa were small. I think I was pregnant with Benjamin. The Thunderbirds were to preform last week at the air show...but due a not one, not two, but three tropical storms/typhoons in the area the whole air show was cancelled.

We were all disappointed. (Okay...maybe not Drew since air show mean more people on the base and more people on the base mean more work for him....but the kids and I were disappointed!)

But the official word started to trickle out yesterday that the base was able to get the Thunderbirds to fit us back in their schedule. We are very lucky they were still on this side of the world. The arrived today and did a short practice. They will practice again tomorrow and do the performance on Wednesday.

Living on a military base does have it's advantages at times.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy