Monday, October 12, 2009

Such a Good Thing

I love long weekends...so nice to be lazy. Friday was a another long losing soccer game, but afterwards we went to the beach on base, Tarague, and Bamboo Willies (the grill there). Bamboo Willies hosted a seafood night with concerts. Several friends were there as well and we were able to sit and visit while the kids played. Many hours later the kids were covered in sand and sweat and exhausted...such a good thing. The music was good - not great -the band was from Boston and good, but played only one song that we knew. As we were leaving Elliot Yamin from American Idol a few years was getting on the stage. It was just way too late for us- time to get those sandy, sweaty exhausted kids to the bath and bed.

Saturday brought a lazy morning then off to downtown. We had promised Melissa for her birthday, she could ride the "Sling-Shot". That was fun....but I never have to ride it again. I really think I'm done with amusement rides. They just aren't as fun as they were when I was sixteen. I'll try to post pictures soon.

Then we went to Ypao Beach for some fun in the sun.

Such a good thing.

Sunday we went to church and watched some footballs....some games were more fun to watch than others....

Today - our Monday - it's 11 a.m. and I'm still in my PJ's...again: such a good thing.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy