Thursday, October 25, 2007

Our House Photos

Way back in July Mary Estelle (my mom-in-law) asked for photos of our house, but Drew had the camera on a trip. When he came back I wanted to wait until we got our furniture, then I wanted to wait until everything was unpacked with pictures on the walls...then it was till the house was clean. Well, house does get cleaned, but rarely all at one time. So, in these photos the front part of the house and my room is clean, but not the kids' rooms. oh,well.

Over all I do like the house. It had a lot of inside storage...not so much for outside. (Which is why we're really glad the laundry room is large. We keep a lot of the outside toys as well as the kids' scooters in there. If I could find room in there for the bikes I would put them in there as well! Anything left outside will rust away.)

One whole wall in our bed room is a long closet. I've taken part of it and made it my craft place. When I'm done I can just put everything on the desk and shut the doors, but yet still be accessible if I have a few minutes to work on something. Besides that closet, we also have a large walk in closet. It's huge. We have a chest-of-drawers in there it's so big.

On the down-side our master bath is very small. We do have a 2nd larger bathroom in the hallway for the kids and guest. Both baths only have one sink. All of these houses were built in the 1960's, so you just can't expect too much. Ours has been renovated some - like they added the arch way between the den and dinning room.

I think the kids miss their play room. I've noticed that since we divided up the toys into their rooms, they don't play with them as much - they rather be where we are or outside (or on the computer or watching tv as much as I will let them!!).

Melissa also has one wall as a closet. We're using half of it for storage and half for her clothes and things. The sad part of all the closets is that they made the shelf too wide so you can't get a large box on it. There's a lot of un-used space there simply b/c I can't get what I want up there.

It's a house that we all like - for now. After all it could be so much worse. (Off base houses look very depressing!) And I know when we move we'll be glad for the extra space.

PS: The blob under the quilt on the couch is the medicated William.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the house looks great for base housing--well for any housing. I wish I had pictures of our first base housing in 29 Palms, Ca. Not as nice as yours.

Anonymous said...

I think the house looks great for base housing--well for any housing. I wish I had pictures of our first base housing in 29 Palms, Ca. Not as nice as yours.

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy