Friday, May 16, 2008

William, the (almost) Middle-Schooler

Yesterday William was able to go next door to the elementary school and visit the middle school. They were able to tour the school, meet some of the teachers, and see several groups preform. The 5th grade now has a week to decide on what elective they would like to have. Not that they have much of a choice: band or choir.

I was hoping for choir since it'll involve no homework or work on my part.

He on the other hand wants to play the trumpet in the band. I explained that he will probably still be taking piano and will still have to practice that as well as trumpet, but I think he still wants to give it a try.

He will also have an "exploratory block", where the 5th grades will change classes every quarter. There he'll have culture (Guam history), art, computers, and Spanish. I was disappointed that Spanish wasn't all year, but at least he'll get some of it.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy