Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hump Day

I do so love a short week!! We enjoyed our long weekend and since I didn't work on Tuesday nor again Wednesday,( I do have to work Thursday afternoon and all day Friday) I'm really enjoying this week!! I didn't work yesterday b/c Melissa had a doctor's appointment - which was a total waste of time! But required by the dentist in order for him to just do a normal cleaning.

Let me explain... When Melissa was baby and a toddler, the doctor told me several times that she had a heart murmur. So, being the good mother, when I've filling out health-history forms I mark off that yes, we have a history of heart murmur. A few dentist may have asked a follow up question, but it's never been an issue.

Until we get to Guam.

After all we are in a third-world country in many ways - not know the guidelines for heart murmurs is one way, I guess.

The first time we say a dentist, he did the cleaning but asked for paper work from the doctor - which I ignored. The second time we went they gave me the paper work again, and I still ignored. This summer when we went they refused to clean her teeth since I didn't have the forms.

Are you kidding me?

So, I kept the forms and made the appointment.

The doctor was amazed that this was an issue at all. She went over the current guidelines and we don't fall under any of them, so there is no need to avoid routine dental care.

But she also proceeded to tell me that the doctors that told me that Melissa had a heart murmur never made note of it in the records.

Are you kidding me?

So, why, oh, why do you tell a paranoid mother that her daughter had heart murmur is you don't think its sufficient to write in the records????

Whatever the case, yesterday the doctor didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

I will never mark "heart murmur" on a health history again.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy