Saturday, November 15, 2008

In the Blink of an Eye

In the blink of an eye, so many things can change - as one family is finding out this weekend. Yesterday the kids and I along with one of Melissa's friends were at the pool. After we had been there for over an hour a birthday party started to gather. Even though I knew the family and several of the girls that were invited, Melissa is not really friends with the birthday girl and so was not invited. I decided that the pool was going to start to get crowed and that we had enough sun and it was time to go home.

I'm so glad we did.

After about 15 minutes of us leaving the lifeguards had to pull a third-grade girl out of the water and do CPR. They and the ambulance crew were able to resuscitate her, but as of now she has yet to regain conscience.

I'm so glad my children were not there to see that - some things are better for them to hear about and not to see just yet in their life.

The father of this girl was deployed and is now on his way back here to Guam. Please, pray with us for a miracle and that she will regain conscienceness and make a full recovery.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

How awful!!! I will be praying. Please keep us posted!!

Dawn

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy