Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008, 2009

Several of the blogs I read have done a end-of-year recap of their lives or a list of what they were thankful for month-by-month of 2008. I've tried a few times to write one, but really -I think I would bore you all. Other blogs have listed their New Year Resolution or their goals for 2009. Even though I don't do NY Resolutions, I do like the idea of setting goals. But once again, I think I would bore you.

Besides, I don't want that much accountability in my life!

But I will say that 2008 was a good year- lots of traveling - Saipan, Tokyo, Philadelphia, Australia, and of course, all summer in The South. I'm hoping that 2009 will also bring travel opportunities. (Mom & MES: I'm NOT promising another Tour of Mississippi again, though - sorry!) We're already looking into a trip to Hawaii (hopefully, to meet up with some family members - who all's game??!!!) and to Singapore...we'll see what else we can come up with. Drew, of course, will be traveling more than the kids and I will. He already has about five trips in the works.

As for as any other hopes for 2009 I pray for continued good health for my family. Even though we've had issues with Benjamin, basically all doctors agree that he's a healthy little boy (- just needs to quit being so picky when it comes to food - eat, boy!). And I continue to pray to be the wife that Drew needs and the mother William, Melissa and Benjamin needs me to be.

Any thing else is really just icing on the cake.

I pray for you all to have a wonderful New Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I just found your blog through Happy to be at Home. We had orders to Guam fall through 7 years ago. We ended up in GTMO instead. I have always wondered what it would of been like had we moved there instead.
Toni

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link the crock pot chicken recipe. I've done chicken and salsa in the crockpot before, but never with corn and black beans. I think I use that recipe for taco salad this weekend. Thanks!!

And Happy New Year!

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy