Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Day

It's not every day you get to wake up to a new era, but for this side of the world that's what we did today. When we went to bed last night Bush was still president and when we woke up this morning Obama was president and with him the world seems to have more hope that it did last night.



Even though he was not my first choice for president, Drew and I both have high hopes for this new point in time. There are many problems and it seems to be that old ways haven't worked too well. It is time new things.



I must say that by the time Monday night came here, I told Drew I was just about inaugural-out - well before it even happened! I was just so tried of listening to all the "talking heads" tell us what was going to happen. Today as I was able to watch some of the swearing-in (taped) and clips of the speech, parade and balls, I was fascinated - hooked! It was nice to see what really did happen and not just some reporter or "consultant's" opinion.



Drew and I both said that if we were still in the DC area, we probably would have taken the kids to the inaugural. Of course, several of our friends said we would have been crazy! The crowds! The cold!! But the history of it all! ...to be able to give that to our kids would have been priceless. We have friends who were there with their kids and I can't wait to hear their report.



Personally, I'm really hoping Obama does end the was in Iraq. We have lived through a year-long deployment and if we have to, we'll live through another one. But I don't want to. I like having my husband around! Being happily-married-single-parent to three is no fun. And it's no fun seeing so many of my friends here to through it as well.



We in the military need a change.



I hope you all join me in praying for our new president and that he will be able to get people to work together and make change happen.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy