Saturday, February 14, 2009

Roughing It

Last night we went camping here on the base at Tarague Beach. We have perfect weather - a good breeze to keep it cool and to keep the bugs and flies away. The kids were sooo excited!! We've been meaning to do this for YEAR. Really - a year. We had planned to do it last year, but Drew got sick and then out of town a lot, then it was really hot (compared to the normal hot) and then the kids and I were out of town all summer...well, you know how it is.

But we went. Finally.

After we ate our supper, Drew set out our sleeping bags while I took Melissa up to the bathroom. When I came back he said, "Well, good news - you get to sleep in your own bed tonight."

"Uh?"

"There's no room for you in the tent, so you came just go home to sleep."

I will say I was a little disappointed because I really wanted to stay with my family, but I really really enjoy sleeping in my own bed. With air conditioning.

So, it was a lovely evening! Perfect in fact. And I had no little body trying to seal my pillow during the night.

(For those of you who many be laughing at the thought of ME camping, you need to know that Drew and I use to back-pack and camp all the time before we had kids - this is something we use to do for fun...then we had kids and it all changed. Of course, I was raised right in that my mother taught me that roughing it was a Holiday Inn with no room service. But the things we do for love - and then find out we really do enjoy them.)

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy