Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bragging Time










William had his first cross country meet yesterday -and I think he did great! The course was a mile and half and there were (we think) 60 boys from four schools - grades 6-8. He came in 16th place with a time of 10:58 minutes. His coach had "seeded" (I think that's the right word) pretty close to the end of our team. I have to admit I was a little disappointed with that.




She had made the comment to me that he was a "talented" runner. (Of course, we all know that's from Drew's DNA - so not mine!) So, put him up front!! I do understand that he's small compared to the eight graders, but there was another sixth grader who is the same size as William near the front. Turns out that William beat that other sixth grader as well as a lot of the older kids.


I'm just so proud of him! He was the smallest out there - most of the other boys are at least a head - and more! - taller than him.








No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy