Thursday, July 30, 2009

Getting my Groove Back

Today was the first day since I've been back that I really felt like myself - I actually slept well last night and woke up feeling great. And that feeling great feeling lasted all day. Yeah! And I didn't feel jet lagged or drugged from my new allergy meds. I really, really don't like my new allergy meds at all. I've been taking it on and off since April or so and just can't seem to get use to it. I'm hoping I can just not take it. Time will tell.

Just before we left the States, the kids and I dropped by my aunt's work to say good-bye (and to use the phone) and she gave some money to each of my kids.

Aren't aunts great?

Anyway, tonight as Drew was fixing Ben's flat tire on his bike Melissa said, "I think I'll use my money to trick out my bike."

Uh??? Trick out your bike? I have no idea where she got this! So funny though....of course, I guess I should be grateful that she didn't say "pimp-out my bike." Thank you, God, for small favors.

1 comment:

CSL said...

Hm, thanking God that your daughter isn't saying "pimping" and your kids don't have the swine flu. You have always made me laugh, but these are two very funny "thank you"s.

Glad y'all didn't catch the swine flu, and hope you all stay healthy!

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy