Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Movie Time

Tonight I FINALLY got to watch the movie version of "Memoirs of a Geisha". I read the book back in May and really enjoyed it. When we returned to Guam after our vacation this summer in July, I put in a request at the library for the movie. But whomever had the movie out apparently was off island.

For months...and months! They finally returned it and I got it yesterday.

Overall, the movie stays pretty close to the book. There were a few things they left out - I'm sure mainly due to time. The movie is about two and half hours long.

Way long for me. Very glad I was able to watch this at home where I could hit pause. I don't think I could have sat in a theater for that long.

But very glad I did get to watch it - even if it took a few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelley, Speaking of Japan. I was curious if you could help me remember what those blue cloths that the Japanese hang above their doors signify. The girls and i are doing a study of Japan and i need a refresher! i think i remember getting one for you one time when we went to the New Sanno. Thanks Kelley!
barb

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy