Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Girls Evening Out

Tonight a friend (Jocelyn) and I had a meeting downtown at a hotel about the chapel's ladies retreat we are planning. She was already downtown, so I packed her daughter (Ashley, who's the same age as Melissa) and Melissa in the car and away we went. After our meeting we walked across the street to a Japanese restaurant for some yummy gyoza!!!!

It was nice spending time with Melissa, Ashley and Jocelyn- it's been awhile since I've had a relaxing evening out....with sick boys and a traveling husband....

Jocelyn and I meet within a few weeks of us moving to Guam. They arrived the same month as we did and will also move soon (but they don't know where yet). Jocelyn was also one of the ladies that went to South Korea with me. She's great fun and I will miss her when we move. This is the down-side to move....leaving friends behind.

This move will be different. Just about everyone I know here will move away. In a year or so, there will be very few people left that I know. That makes leaving easier.


Of course, moving close to family will also makes this move easier!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so true Kelley! My kids still ask when we can go back to Guam. I've been saying for the last 5 years that none of their friends are there, it won't be the same. I don't know that I would 'really' want to go back for that very reason. It's not 'our' Guam. It does make the leaving a bit easier. But you've created such strong friendships with your Guam family that it is difficult. So glad you're moving close to family. Marcia

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy