Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spoilt

Last week I was subbing in one of the 5th grade classes. After they finished their work they were able to watch some of the movie, Wrinkle In Time.  I had to laugh at the kids - they really are spoiled by all the technology we have now.

Every classroom in the school has a TV mounted in the corner.  All are place nice and high for all to see. This  class was upset that I wasn't using the teacher's lap-top and had it projected onto the large screen.  (They didn't seem to understand that as I sub there was no way I was going to mess with the teacher's lap top. And oh, yeah. We subs? We're treated like the red-headed step-child: we have no passwords for said laptops.) One boy even gave me a sob story of how he can't see and has to wear  glasses, so we  really needed to use the large screen.

Yeah, right.

I'm sitting across from the room and I can still see the  TV fine.

But all the kids moved their chairs and sat right under the TV with their necks all the way back.

I just laughed.  Spoiled kids.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy