Thursday, December 6, 2007

Only on a Military Base...

Only on a military base would they start a Christmas program with the National Anthem. Tonight the base had a tree lighting ceremony. I'm trying to think of a word that would describe that tree...

Sad comes to mind.

I tried to take a picture, but it was too dark and we were too far away, but believe me it's sad looking. It's a tree with lights from the top going straight down to the ground in a straight line. And it wasn't nearly as big as I thought it would be.

Drew and I were really hoping it would put us in the Christmas mood..it didn't really do the trick. A few different groups from the base preformed songs and did a great job!

But it just seems like it's July and we are all pretending its Christmas.

Although it was a tad chilling at a windy 75 degrees.

2 comments:

BlessedMomof 5 said...

Hey we'll send you some of the 1/2 inch of snow we got yesterday :)
Do you think it will make it?
Melissa

Anonymous said...

The sad tree with lights coming straight down sounds just like the Nevada state tree we saw tonight. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I live in a desert, not the green luscious South.

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy