Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday morning

What a wonderful Fourth! They party was here at Pat's lake house - so many people coming in and out. Met a lot of people who know Drew and I'm sure I've met before, but have forgotten the name and the connection to the family. My mother-in-law tried to give me a lesson on who was who and who's related to whom...it's a lost cause. The names just don't stick in my mine! But I did get several good visits in with a several that I did remember and a few new faces and names to me.

Today the party moves down a few houses for hot dogs and hamburgers as we watch the annual floatilla (boat parade). Several of Drew's brothers have taken up a collect and there will be a huge firework display here at the lake - I think it's the first one. I made the kids go to bed around nine last night (mean, mean mother that I am), but did promise I would let them stay up late tonight to see the fireworks.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy