Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Full Story

Last week as we were leaving the house, I couldn't find my camera. For days we looked for it. And. Could. NOT. Find. It. I can't not tell you how much it bothered me. I don't lose things. I just don't. I'm an organized person and it drives me crazy when something can't seem to be found.

I even offered to pay a dollar or two to the child that found the camera.

Nothing.

I typically leave my camera by one of the back doors or on the computer desk, so when it became apparent it wasn't in any of those places, it truly was odd. I know I had it on the last night of Ben's soccer - I remember taking pictures of him getting his trophy. But I had no clue when I used it after that.

I ended up buying another camera last Monday because I needed a camera for the last week of school - awards to be awarded and William's bowling day. When I bought it, Melissa asked that if I found my old camera could she have it since I had a new one.

Maybe I should have questioned her more after that....

So, I had a new camera and life went on...but I still thought about where in the world my old camera was...did I tell you that I hate to lose things?

Last night as I walked in from a dinner out with friends, Melissa met me at the door to say she found the camera. In her purse.

Not my purse, but her purse.

Then it all came back.

A few days after the last soccer game, we went to mini-putt-putt (and no, mom - no one got hit by a club). About half way through the game, I put the camera in Melissa's purse since mine was in the car and I didn't want to lose the camera.

Oh, the irony.

She says that thought it was her MP3 player in her purse - not my camera. Hmmm.... So, now we both have new camera and we're all happy.

Hopefully, in a few days I'll be able to download pictures and have some more to post (I need to download pictures to the desk-top instead of the lap-top...which I'm on now and Drew is on the desk-top.)

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy