Monday, June 15, 2009

A Rare Sound

Late into the night I when I was sleeping wonderfully and dreaming awesome dreams (no, I have no clue what actually dreaming, but it seemed so awesome), a loud noise wake me up. All that came to mind was William's loft bed falling apart. But as I wake Drew up he mumbled, "It's just a storm."

Really? That was thunder? Wow. It's been so long since I've heard it, I didn't recognize what it was. Yes, it does rain here - a lot! Guam gets an average of 96 inches of rain a year - compared to north MS gets 50 and south MS gets 61 inches while Washington, DC barley gets 40 inches a year. So, yeah, we get a lot of rain (some fell on me while I was walking this morning), but we don't hear a lot of thunder or lightening. Yes, soft falling rain.

But not at 12:38 this morning. Loud jarring thunder....but much better than William's loft bed falling down.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy