Monday, January 4, 2010

Starting the New Year Off Right

Today was the first work day of the New Year and I started it off right: by not working. I was so very glad that the phone did not ring at 6:15 am. I was able to exercise, clean, and even got an errand done - all while the kids were back in school. There was very little talking as they were getting ready for school - lots of groaning and grunting though.

Like the rest of the school - they survived!

We enjoyed a nice weekend - we continued to just hang out and enjoy being together. Saturday night we did attend a concert on base, Tops in Blue. I think we all agreed that it was not nearly as entertaining as last year, but the performers are very talented. Sunday we had a nice time at church, then enjoyed a wonderful meal at a local Japanese restaurant.

I will admit at how pitiful it is that my kids are better with the chop-sticks than I am....after all these years, I'm still at the "stab and shovel" method. But hey! The food still taste great!

After our delicious lunch we went on a submarine.

And no. It was not yellow. It was white...but that just doesn't sound the same does it?

Anyway. It's call the Atlantis Submarine - and it gave the kids and I a taste of what Drew sees when he dives. We saw several large fish that I have totally forgotten the name of and one very lazy sea turtle that seemed like he was sleeping.

The New Year is off to a great start for us....hopefully, it is for you as well.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy