Saturday, March 20, 2010

Here Vs There -Part 2

I know without a shadow of a doubt I will NOT miss the master bathroom in this house. While I'm glad it does have a bathtub unlike the other military master bathrooms we have had, this bathroom has got to be the smallest bathroom. Ever. It's roughly five feet by seven feet - one sink, very compact. On days that Drew and I have to get dressed and out the door at the same time, it's interesting to say the least.

There's a cabinet above the toilet that I house my toiletries and all most of girly stuff. It's just not big enough. And I'm tired of things falling.

I'll let you to your imagination as to where they land most of the time.

One thing I can say about a small house, is that it seems to brings us closer as a family. With only one living area, we all are usually there. And with only one TV, we usually pick kid-friendly shows.

We watch a lot of Food Network....which is great unless it's 8 o'clock at night and it makes you hungry.

I will miss the palm trees in my yard. I love how when they drop leave - or fronds - its one big item. Very easy clean up. Unlike an oak or pine tree that drops loads of leaves and needles that have to be raked up. My kids will be in shock next fall!! I don't think they remember how many leaves there can be!!

While I don't have any in my yard, I will also miss the "fire trees" and the plumeria trees - so incredibly beautiful. Also, the plumeria trees smell so sweet when in bloom. There's one on the corner of road where I pick the kids up from school. I love being able to pick up a blossom and stick in my hair.

Makes me smell sweet for the rest of the day!

1 comment:

CSL said...

Plumeria was my favorite in Hawaii. I love the scent: almost as good as Texas gardenias.

Can't believe you are going to be coming back! Very exciting!

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy