Saturday, May 9, 2009

One Year Anniversary

I am proud to say it's been one year since any of my children (as well as Drew and myself) had to make a trip to the ER. It was a year ago tonight that the boys got a hold of some peanut-coated shrimp. You can read about it here if you want to refresh your memory. Or not. I re-live it enough for all of us.

But lets not forget the way this trend started with Melissa and a cut on her face.

Then there was Ben's head. I'm still thankful he had a hard head.

Then there was William's leg.

And a ear infection that couldn't wait till normal clinic hours. William again. The it was Ben's eye. Which was just before the big one with the peanut sauce. Every time I think about the peanut sauce, I'm amazed that the chef didn't know that peanut sauce has peanuts in it....

Let's also not forget the other times...like when we played soccer I hit the ball into William's nose, Ben getting a pencil in the eye, Ben getting ringworm and pink-eye, and Ben's head again. Then there was Melissa's bout with a strange island fever that lasted for TWO WEEKS.

BUT!!

I will say again that for a year we have been out of the ER!! I'm very happy with that accomplishment! Our current health report is that all do have a slight cold - but nothing that requires medical attention.

No comments:

Leaping For Joy

Leaping For Joy